Friday, November 26, 2010

M.I.A- Sunshowers

Friday!!! I thought you would never come. It's been a long week, short sleep times combined with beaucoup de social and work busy-ness = mellow Jen. My bestie Nads had a request that I wake up to a more upbeat song today and my subconscious listened.

This song gets me up and walking strong. Life has thrown me some curve balls these past few months and I have been sifting and sorting through my feelings, considering paths to take, and taking some time to reconnect with myself and my intentions as I find myself in the midst of change.

At times I find it challenging to balance being connected to others and considering how my decisions affect them with truly choosing what is best for me. I have a deep appreciation and awareness of how the ripples of my decisions influence others. Admittedly, in the past, I have found myself making decisions based on other people and compromising my own needs in the process.

I walked home slowly yesterday taking in the big city lights and deeply breathing in the crisp winter air. Decisions were made, paths and options began to excite me, and ultimately, a peace and calm came over me. A new reverence and trust that decisions others make affect ME positively and that going WITH the flow of life is best has been opened. No doubt, the universe is unfolding EXACTLY as it should.

I think I just discovered to deal with change more powerfully.

Bring it on universe- I am ready.

1 comment: