I can not lie, today's song was actually a repeat of yesterday's song. This makes me think I may need to turn off my radio and get Shawn Desman out of my head. I've decided to take this opportunity to instead post one of my favourite all time jams- India Arie's Video.
I first heard this song in my early 20's. I connected with the relaxed guitar sounds, the rhythmic beat, the empowering lyrics, and of course India's riveting voice. I aspired to be as confident as Ms. Arie was.
And so began my decade long love affair with India. Her music has been the soundtrack to so many moments in my 20's and I truly feel I grew up to her soul. I often imagine what it would be like to have a tea with her swinging on a front wrap around porch with her discussing life, love, and relationships.
I had lunch today with a fellow soul sister who is also leaving her 20's behind soon. We reflected on our recent revelations on the importance of loving ourselves deeply and fully. We talked about the hypocrisy of having a time line for life. We smiled and breathed easier in resolving to approach life with a spirit of SURRENDER and RELEASE. We acknowledged our tendency to control and connected with alternative approaches.
Ms. India, I feel this song in a new way today. I acknowledge I am a queen and everything will always be alright. And Katie, I will lunch with you any day! I hope this song inspires you as much as it has me!
I like it!
ReplyDelete