Well my loves, it has been a rough week. Let's talk about it, shall we?
I am currently trying to find a new apartment in the city and the search has been less than fun this week. It is so interesting to see how others live, to contemplate moving to a new part of the city, and to realize I have to say goodbye to the place I have called home for a year and a half. The nostalgia takes over and though logically my mind KNOWS that it is not best to dwell in the past and focus on what you are about to lose, my heart refuses to accept this awareness.
My heart breaks just a bit with every walk home through my current neighbourhood. Floods of memories hit me as I move through my apartment and I am taken back to REALLY good times spent with good people. I get quite sad that it is all coming to an end so soon.
Combine this with NOT knowing where I am going to live next and the part of my mind that absolutely NEEDS control starts to get just a little anxious. By little I mean shortness of breath, restless sleep, and general crankiness.
The optimist in me knows the shift is around the corner- the perfect spot is coming my way and all of the questions I have now will be answered in good time. I know it is pointless to worry, and that the universe will ultimately deliver just what I need- a great neighbourhood with a soulful apartment that will deliver the perfect energy for me to build a home for myself in. The new chapter that will begin in this space is going to be nothing short of amazing.
So I will turn this attitude around and raise a glass tonight with friends and enjoy the time remaining in my spot. I would REALLY appreciate perfect apartment finding energy and vibes being sent my way in the next few weeks. If you have a direct line to the universe/Santa/a festive holiday icon, please remind them of your friend who deserves a great spot in this fine city with the following features:
-annex or little italy (Bloor to Dundas, Spadina to Ossington)
-exposed brick/fireplace (not essential, but awesome!)
-balcony/walk out deck
-1 bedroom in a house
-max of $1400/month all in
-great landlord and house mates/neighbours
-good energy from prior tenants
Wouldn't this be an awesome Christmas gift?
Much love,
j
No comments:
Post a Comment