Go to this website, click on "Son" and proceed with reading this post!
http://www.peterkatz.com/music.html
Peter Katz is one of my favourite Canadian Artists. I discovered him through friends who highlighted his music as being soulful, meaningful, and beautiful. I listened to his cd and liked what I heard but it was not until I saw him live that I really fell in love with his lyrics and his absolutely magical voice. Let's be honest, he is easy on the eyes as well.
His song "Son" woke me up yesterday. This song quite literally brings tears to my eyes every single time I listen. This song perfectly captures a parents' encouragement and love to a child with a dream. I love the ultimate question of the song: Do you believe in what you do? Combine that with the image of a community of people in one room encouraging him to "get up there and do what you do"- gets me every time.
Today "Til You Come Home" stirred me awake. Another beautiful melody especially on a blistery cold Toronto morning. I am getting really excited to head home for the holidays and I can't wait to be there for a few days sharing my time with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and my amigos in Hamilton.
I really hope you take the time to listen to Peter and let him into your musical library. The perfect backdrop to this holiday season.
Much Tuesday love!
j

No comments:
Post a Comment